We said at the end of 2013 that great things were afoot… This morning, together in our partnership with Tripe Aught Design, we announced the launch of TAD’s CORE classes and our flagship three-day intensive, Art of Escape – San Francisco.
This is Rift Recon’s first training available to the general public (until now, our trainings have been private and contracted or part of any number of global security conference tracks). We’re finally making public the survival, escape, evasion and threat analysis skills previously only taught to security pros and contractors.
More class dates will be announced shorty; sign up for our mailing list for up to the minute announcements. We’ll be bringing the class to cities worldwide, and like Art of Escape SF, each class will be tailored to the urban specs of your city.
We’re keeping class sizes small because we’re going one-on-one with every student, so we recommend you register now
before class spaces are filled.
Class description and details:
Art of Escape SF – 660 22nd Street, San Francisco, CA , 94107
Time requirements: Three nine-hour days + Evening homework
Kit: Students are equipped with all necessary gear; dress for outdoor movement
If the city you live in fell into crisis and disarray and you had to cope for 72 hours or get out, could you survive?
Over three intensive days, two of the physical security industry’s most sought-after professionals from Rift Recon will go hands-on with students in an immersive class that arms you with the basics to outsmart, outmaneuver and survive in a destabilized, peninsula-based city.
Rift’s trainers pull from their wealth of knowledge as former military contractors and professional security detail work for high net worth individuals to ensure students emerge from The Art of Escape confident in their abilities to:
- Perform urban navigation and threat analysis
- Execute covert movement; move through a crowd unnoticed
- Escape a kidnapping (pick handcuffs, duct tape, rope, etc.)
- Social engineer (solicit) help from strangers
- Build an urban survival/bug out kit
- Plan escape routes; build a map and data book for your city
- Find food and water while on the go
- Use a radio for information and communication
- Defend yourself, if needed with weapons (improvised and proper)
- Find shelter in the city; sleep overnight in the city safely
- Gain access to restricted or unauthorized areas
- Create alternative identification; find currency
- Escape pursuit on foot and in a vehicle
- Use commonly found materials for tools and survival purposes
- Pick and open locks
- Perform emergency medical triage specific to urban environments; find critical medical supplies
- Obtain transport out of the crisis area by any means necessary, including by boat
Each training day begins with Rift’s experts at Triple Aught Design’s Dogpatch Base, and concludes with real-time field training exercises to implement your new skills on the streets of San Francisco. Each Art of Escape student receives a custom Urban Survival Kit of essential gear, and emerges confident and proficient in the use of every tool.
We hope to see you there.
-Rift Recon Team